Gagea alexejana Kamelin ex Levichev
- Accepted Name:
- Gagea alexejana Kamelin ex Levichev, 2001. Turczaninowia, 4 (1-2) : 6, tab. 1.
- Gagea alexeijana Kamelin, 1971. Trudy Inst. Bot. (Leningrad), 22: 163, nom. nud.
- Plantae solitariae, 12-18 cm alt., foliis caulinis flexilibus longioris, antheris purpureis. Bulbus 9-16 mm in diam., guttiformis, bulbillis nullis (?), tunicis pallide fuscis tenuiter coriaceis fibrillosis ad caulem continuatis tectus, inferne et à lateribus radicibus sclerificatis tenuibus paucis circumcinctus. Pedunculus 2-7 cm lg., sectione inferne ovalis, cavitatibus triobus, sectione superne orbicularis, concavus, fistula nulla, a latere bulbi succedanei oriundus. Folium radicale solitarium, ad trientem vel duplo cum pedunculo coalitus, folia caulina vix superans, 2-3 mm lt., anguste lineare, sectione late canaliculatum, subtus orbiculatus (in herbario nervis centralis excedenti). Folia caulina verticillata, inflorescentiae sesqui vel duplo superantia, quorum infimum e radicalibus enatum, lineare, sensim longe attenuatum, sectione haud profunde canaliculatum, ca 3 mm lt., sequentia subbreviora. Inflorescentia pauciflora, pedicellis subaequilongis, tomentoso-pubescentibus. Perianthii phylla 8-16 mm lg., 1,5-2,5 mm lt., lanceolata, intus lucide flava, extus viridia, exteriora apice acutata, interioribus longiora. Antherae atropurpureae, oblongae, 2,5 mm lg., dehiscentes oblongo-subglobosae, 1,5 mm lg. Ovarium obovoideum, sessile. Capsula perianthii phyllis plus quam duplo vel triplo brevior, late obovoidea. Semina lobuliformia vel (videtur) plana.
- Tadshikistan. Jugum Hissaricum, reservatum Ramit, 1300 m s. m., declivia argillosa, in locis apertis, 14.IV.1974, I. Solovjov, det.: Gagea alexejana R. Kamelin (LE).
- Habitat in declivibus argillosis regionis montanae inferioris clivi meridionali jugi Hissarici.
- Nomenclature Note
- Species in honorem peritissimi Florae Asiae Mediae cl. A. I. Vvedenskii dedicatur.
- 7. Pamir-Alai (N)
- 1. South-west Asian (N)
- A little rare for a genus of features allocates this species among other.
Rare setaceous pubescence the most changeable attribute. The setas can be present on all parts of a plant, but more often the edges cauline leafs and tepals are tomentous only, or the pubescence is absent.
- The dark anthers at the representatives of a genus are known just at G. kamelinii Levichev, G. takhtajanii Levichev, G. axialis Levichev also are marked in some populations G. taschkentica Levichev.
- At G. alexejana is not established abilities to vegetative duplication, that does(makes) this species by third (alongside with G. incrustata Vved. and G. taurica Steven) representative in a genus, which are deprived of such ability.
- The accretion of the second basal leaf with a peduncle (flower stalk) (from the basis up to an inflorescence) is characteristic for many representatives of a genus in sect. Gagea, sect. Graminifoliae Levichev, sect. Fistulosae (Pasch). Davlianidze, sect. Platyspermum Boiss. But the accretion of the first basal leaf with the bottom part of a peduncle (flower stalk) is established still also only at G. incrustata Vved. and G. iliensis M.Pop. Extent of accretion of the first basal leaf with a peduncle (flower stalk) at G.alexejana varies from several mm up to several cm, usually not reaching(achieving) a surface of a soil.
- Slot-hole channel (fig. 5, b) between a peduncle (flower stalk) and first basal leaf it is marked in a genus for the first time. The vertical channel between a peduncle (flower stalk) and second basal leaf, growing together with it, for a long time is known at many representatives sect. Gagea (see note G. shmakoviana and fig. 16-20).
- But the greatest unexpectedness has appeared detection of a ring arrangement of bundles conducting in the bottom cauline leaf (fig. 3). At one species in a genus did not meet bottom cauline leaf of a basal origin (as well as present bottom cauline leaf) a double-row arrangement of bunches. It is necessary however to note, that the double-row arrangement of bunches was fixed while only once at large, well advanced specimen. Specimens from two other populations had traditionally uniserial arrangement of bunches (fig. 4). Because of small number and inaccessibility of a material this morphological feature requires additional study.
The form of seed requires specification. Unique found at G.alexejana the seed had a uncertain configuration, hedral -terete or is indistinct lobuleform. Other seedbuds in a pod were not developed and looked like the thin flat scales. At the representatives of this sectio seeds flat.